Topic: And all is silent...

Did someone find out if the forum will remain for awhile?

Altared Lives Gospel Hip Hop & Rhythm-n-Gospel Radio - The HOTNESS on your screen, on your phone, and in your ear!

2 (edited by xmusic 2014-03-12 14:26:06)

Re: And all is silent...

ALRhhhug wrote:

Did someone find out if the forum will remain for awhile?

I think no one knows but Brandon.

I am guessing it will disappear whenever his collocation lease is up or he pulls the plug on the server hosting LC and everything.

Maybe we can still hope that someone can take it over. I recall the forum of another site that was transferred to new owners. The name changed, but all the content and threads were preserved.

Don't know how they did it, but I hope it can be done with "our" forum. We had it poppin' over here!

In the meantime, I'll keep peepin'-&-postin' here until I click the URL and get a 404 error. hmm

Altared Lives Gospel Hip Hop & Rhythm-n-Gospel Radio - The HOTNESS on your screen, on your phone, and in your ear!

I keep looking here out of habit. Or maybe it's I'd like to see Loudcity come back.

Jerry   1290 GLI

1290 GLI Playing Oldies and more....

1290GLI wrote:

I keep looking here out of habit. Or maybe it's I'd like to see Loudcity come back.

Jerry   1290 GLI

Yeah, me, too. This forum is one of my most visited URLs, so its mini screenshot is 2nd only to facebook when I open a new tab in Firefox!

I sure miss the camaraderie over here. SL's forum is pretty quiet. sad

I still check in twice a day. But lately no one is posting. Guess the others moved on. Looks like its just the oldies hanging out in here now.
How's it going for you Donna at the new place?
I imagine you went there too Jerry.

Trip

Hey, Trip!

It's all good, except the boards @ SL are a ghost town. sad Not even the folks who were active here are active there. I guess peeps are sort of bummed for all the changes we've gone thru. In shock, so to speak, you know? Wondering what the future really holds for independent webcasters like us... neutral

I've posted a few questions to the SL forums but hardly anyone ever replies over there.

I never really "checked" this forum often maybe once a week as the traffic even here has never been heavy.. I spend most of my time on more traditional broadcast specific forums.   SL's forum is very idle.. I guess most people who have complaints or questions just open support tickets with SL if they have issues.

ALRhhhug wrote:

Hey, Trip!

It's all good, except the boards @ SL are a ghost town. sad Not even the folks who were active here are active there. I guess peeps are sort of bummed for all the changes we've gone thru. In shock, so to speak, you know? Wondering what the future really holds for independent webcasters like us... neutral

See, I told you guys, that forum is a dead horse. I posted on it back in 2012, and up until a couple weeks ago, it was still the only post in that section.

I don't want this place to close, and I'm not going to SL either.

Donna, they have been trying to kill us for years. I think they are gaining ground finally. And with LC closing, that just puts one more nail in our coffin.

Just wish someone would have taken it over.

Trip

Right when I was set to bring my station back online LC announced it was closing.....I signed up at SL until something better better comes around.....Brandon has been nothing but great to me throughout No Boundaries Radio's lifetime both here and with Loudcaster....I wish him the best and will miss the friendly banter here.

Rock on people,

Keoll

Breaking down the walls in the name of ROCK!  What are your boundaries?
No Boundaries Radio

Keoll wrote:

Right when I was set to bring my station back online LC announced it was closing.....I signed up at SL until something better better comes around.....Brandon has been nothing but great to me throughout No Boundaries Radio's lifetime both here and with Loudcaster....I wish him the best and will miss the friendly banter here.

Rock on people,

Keoll

Keoll, I saw you join the forums on SL. Liven it up over there with us! wink

I'm still lurking around here.  Loads going on in my world, which is why it's been a long time since I've posted here or elsewhere.  But I'm still around.  Still wishing they hadn't closed.  I'll check out SL's forums in a while, and I'm glad they were around to pick us up.  But I'm feeling a real sense of loss of LC.  It's not the same now.

Texas Exile Radio.  http://www.texas-exile.org/
Twang. Shuffle. Whine. Rock.
Music for the discerning redneck.

texasexileradio wrote:

But I'm feeling a real sense of loss of LC.  It's not the same now.

I know... Hope things settle down for you otherwise. smile

texasexileradio wrote:

I'm still lurking around here.  Loads going on in my world, which is why it's been a long time since I've posted here or elsewhere.  But I'm still around.  Still wishing they hadn't closed.  I'll check out SL's forums in a while, and I'm glad they were around to pick us up.  But I'm feeling a real sense of loss of LC.  It's not the same now.

Know just how you feel. Nothing is the same over at SL.
I wish Brandon would have gave any of us a chance to take it over. We could have grouped together and handled it.

Trip

Brodcasting World is pretty active.

Rob Oyler
Problems with SAM Broadcaster? Need a custom PAL? http://www.palscripts.com/
FM5280 Smooth Contemporary Jazz Channel

17 (edited by oldhippie 2014-03-29 08:44:09)

DJCassio wrote:

Thought it closed down.

Trip

oldhippie wrote:
DJCassio wrote:

Thought it closed down.

No it is alive and well.

Rob Oyler