Topic: WinAmp & Station URL

When I initially launch my station's listen link .pls in WinAmp, the Station URL is my LC custom page. Then it immediately switches over to what I have in SAM, which is a hip-hop search site for the artists.

But both my streamhost's control panel and SC DNAS Administrator page list my LC custom page URL as my "Station Page." But I can't find where that URL is originating from and there's no page where I can change it, apparently, from my SC streamhost account.

I asked my streamhost, and they told me it was probably in the encoder source (meaning SAM, I presume). SAM has my general web site URL, and each mp3 has a hip-hop search database. So LC's URL is not in SAM's "Station Details" anywhere that I can find.

If I'm not mistaken, we used to be able to enter station info over at SC.com for their directory. But you can't change the info over there anymore. But I truly believe the SC server details was where the LC URL was originally entered.

I even checked at Audiorealm, which we also used to be able to login and adjust station settings for their directory. Can't do it over there anymore, either. (At least, it doesn't recognize my login email or password anymore.)

Altared Lives Gospel Hip Hop & Rhythm-n-Gospel Radio - The HOTNESS on your screen, on your phone, and in your ear!

Re: WinAmp & Station URL

I'm looking at your viastreaming.net stream right now and seeing the LC page listed as well.  I'm curious, are you streaming from SAM right this moment, or do you possibly have an Auto DJ playing?  If it's through SAM at the moment, then it should be in the encoder details somewhere for that viastreaming.net encoder (port 7010).

Hopefully that helps.

Whoops.  I forgot that you can hard set that URL in your sc_conf as well.  You might check with viastreaming directly and see if they can point you to where you can update that for your server settings, if you can't find it anywhere obvious.

Good luck!

Atnevon wrote:

Whoops.  I forgot that you can hard set that URL in your sc_conf as well.  You might check with viastreaming directly and see if they can point you to where you can update that for your server settings, if you can't find it anywhere obvious.

Good luck!

Thanks, Atnevon! I checked everywhere in SAM and it's not there. Thanks for the tip on the sc_conf. I bet that's where it is. I don't know anything about the SC server and it seems like the original peeps @ viastreaming "did" set up some things for me. I'll research the sc_conf.

I appreciate it!

Altared Lives Gospel Hip Hop & Rhythm-n-Gospel Radio - The HOTNESS on your screen, on your phone, and in your ear!