Topic: Copyright question

So I am going to be doing a interview with a artist that has a new cd out independent artist who does allot of cover songs the record label of course holds the mechanical license for the redistribution of work, If I wanted to play more than the DMCA allowed number of songs what would I need to get in place to make sure I am covered.

The label has agreed to write me a letter but they only hold a mechanical license would that be enough, and if a license is granted to do a cover who owns that copyright or is it still the original copyright holder.

FBS Radio playing country music from yesteryear and today like us on Facebook.